Saturday

Business School

I'm getting an MBA at UCLA currently, in the executive program. I fly to LA every other weekend for two full days/nights of class. It's a two year program, average age of my classmates is 38; average income $165k; 80% married; 80% men - a diverse and intersting group for certain. This quarter has blown by, I can't believe finals are in two weeks. It's fun to be in school again, the deft required to balance work and school is both mysterious and daunting to me at this point. Can't wait for a month off in December to acclimate and readjust. Anyway school is getting more fun as everyone settles in and relaxes a bit. What a great group of people.

Key thing I'll reflect on from this weekend: professor Sarin's advice which went something like this... In life we have balls of responsibility that we juggle. Sometimes it's too much to work, do school, take care of ourselves, be a good family member, be a good spouse/partner, fit it all in. That's really ok. If we drop a ball from time to time it's not the end of the world, the balls bounce back. Except for one: family/ friends we treat different - this is like a glass ball.