Sunday

Laguna Seca

Went to the track with friend Brad. I bought a Kendon bike trailer to tow behind my station wagon a couple weeks ago, this was the first time using it. It's a bit much to load/unload with one person, and I need to learn how to strap the bike in better, but all-in-all it worked great. Laguna Seca is in Monterey, California - which is two hours from my house in San Francisco. It is one of the premier tracks in the US and is so far the only MotoGP track in the US (next year the Indianapolis Speedway is also going to hold a MotoGP race also). My second time at the track, I can tell I'm getting better but also have a lot to learn. Some guys zip by me like I'm standing still. My bike engine siezed up and started spewing oil after lunch. Fortunately (a) it's still under warranty, and (b) it was at the end of the day so Ialready got some good riding in. Brad unfortunately had a rough day - his tires weren't warmed up and he ended up high siding fairly early in the day. His wrist got a hairline fracture and he separated his shoulder... ouch! Here's some pics - Brad: if you see this speedy healing buddy