Sunday

Sweet Hog

I'm not sure yet is this is an investment project, a practical transportation agenda, or simply yet another chapter of exploration in my seemingly unquenchable thirst for toys... but I bought another scooter the other day. When I sold my Chineese scooter a few months ago I knew it would be a temporary step away from scooters and my next one would be an Italian scooter... I just wasn't planning on getting another so soon but this was too good a deal to pass on.

I went with a friend to check out a scooter she was considering buying, and the seller also had this Piaggio for sale. I tried to talk my friend into getting this one instead for another $300 but she wouldn't hear it. It's got a salvage title and needed some minor fixing. A little TLC, some new breaks, a few hours at the DMV (not to mimimize this - the DMV is quite an ordeal) and I think this thing is ready to tear up the streets of San Francisco for the next while. I'm going to try to keep both wheels on the ground and treat it well, but I do promise some pics of me in full riding gear trying to drag knee at the Monster Park parking lot.