Monday

Headed To India

Been a crazy last week trying to get (a) ready for Anderson to start back up in a week, and (b) get ready for a quick trip to India to take a finance elective at India's ISB. Financial risk management: like how certain finance instruments like hedges and other asset classes can offset risk of holding certain kinds of capital or minimize currency transaction risk for international companies or studying how returns can be optimized with different portfolio composition to maintain risk but maximize returns. At least that's what I think it's going to be about. Let's see how much they can cram in my head in just a quick week. I'm actually most intersted in looking at how much if any of this applies or can be applied to IT risk management in the data security sense. I doubt directly the formulas, but I hope to see some cross over. Or at least eat some good Indian food. Yeah, I would settle for that. I do have a quick side trip before classes start to Delhi to see the Taj Mahal.