Monday

Tracking a Ducati

Amazing day at Thunderhill Raceway today in Willows, California. Went with my primary riding buddy Brad, two guys I met at a previous track day Don and Ben who helped me get my bike working again after an off two months ago, Matt who races AFM and sometimes AMA and is friend of Brad, and Steve who rides on Sundays with us. Quick and fun group to ride with. The highlight of the day was getting one-on-one coaching for two sessions from Matt who's the fastest guy I know personally. He is a tech-guy by day who's been racing for the last 10 years and when his company was acquired recently took a sabbatical to race. Some of his races are televised, he races on a national level - so very very fast. What a tremendous opportunity it was to have Matt follow me around the track and give me personal feedback on my five or six weakest areas of the track and how to improve. Prior to today my best timed laps at Thunderhill were 2:18, today I clocked a couple at 2:13, several at 2:14 and averaged 2:15 for a couple sessions at the end of the day. I'm graduating myself as of today to the fast group of riders which gives me a great sense of accomplishment - this was my 8th track day and I can see the improvement in all areas - but still have a big list of things to work on for my next few track days. Outstanding day at the track!