Tuesday

Race Bike - Coming Together















 This off season was not cheap!  I traded my upgraded (lighter) wheels for front fork internals, bought a new rear shock, got a second set of wheels which should help maximize useful tire life rotating tires around, got a new exhaust and engine mapping unit, and pre-purchased all my practice track time for this season.  The good news about the track time is that I can resell my spots for a small profit, in the end recouping much of the cost of the initial investment and largely riding for free.  This is not a sponsorship really, but it's one way I've found so far to change the economics of racing slightly.  I also have found a couple stores like national chain Cycle Gear who let me file my race resume for the year and achieve a 20% discount on anything I purchase from them. The result?  The race bike is coming together...!