Friday

Going Fast in 2009

I'm updating Twitter these days more often - and finding gaping holes in my blog. Here's some catch up. The rate of change this year is proving to be nearly limitless. Life is moving so quick these days. I started the year moving from San Francisco to Redwood City. This move was motivated by (a) obtaining a garage, (b) averaging 50% of my time in hotels in the last three years, and (c) making money by renting out my loft. In February my father passed away. He was diagnosed with lung cancer late last year, and fought a surprisingly well for surprisingly long but in the end he went quick. I had never been very close to him, but was able to spend time toward the end, flying from Alaska to Ohio. It's bittersweet to see relatives in Ohio for funerals, but it is still good to see them. If you travel to Alaska, remember to leave your Ulu at home. If you don't - the nice people at the airport will remind you. After five years working at Qualys, my last day was March 31. I am close to finalizing where I'll next go, and am very excited about what I think the next thing is likely to be... In the meantime I'm trying to take most of April away from work. So far I've been to three track days, have travel planned to Egypt and Dubai, and have AFM race number 2 at Infineon scheduled for April 25. The final quarter of my MBA program at UCLA started this weekend - Strategy and my master thesis project - a trip to China in June - then I will graduate. SO, I'll make a separate post with some track pictures from last week now. Stay tuned starting next week I hope to send some posts from Egypt.