Friday

Thunderhill Eats My Tires

I got out to Thunderhill a few times in the past week, there is a certain upside to having no job. I am somehow eating tires like they are going out of style, this is from two days at the track. And most of the damage was done by three or four sessions on the first day. My times keep coming down, I got a couple laps at 2:06 which was pretty good since I was not pushing all the way - it's pretty scary when your at 120 MPH around a corner and you feel the back end sliding six inches and losing grip! It's fun having this bike at the track, 30 more horsepower than the Ducati just makes all the difference. I really want to get my other bike ready to race and take that to AFM race number four - but I don't have the time to prep it before the race (since I'm off to Egypt and Dubai next week). Starting to look like a real racebike though with plastics and number plates and real wheels and rotors on there! I was so proud of myself to finally wear through a knee puck for the first time the other day to the point it needs replaced. Ha, ha.