Saturday

More Map Data

The owner/creator of wheredoyougo.net sent me a note on Twitter, telling me he fixed some bugs and I could run my maps again for different result, which proved to be true, so I made more maps of other cities. I present Miami, Chicago and Plano for your enjoyment. It would be fun to see the whole US, or have the ability to mash up the entire Foursquare database (all users or all users opted in to wheredoyougo.net anyway), or selectively layer two users onto each other. I'm real excited about all the convergence of social media and location based services, there is so much more to do here. Location aware services like Latitude, Brightkite, Loopt, Foursquare, even possibly Twitter - wherever someone can assemble the platform and mostly the community - there are so many cool, intersting and mostly profitable things to do with currently disparate data.