Saturday

Mail Data Charted

Some interesting albeit fairly useless graphs detailing my corporate mail behavior. Since I'm typically actually communicating most of the time via several additional channels: personal email accounts (x3) , twitter messages, SMS, phone/voice... this is really only one angle on my overall productivity, however it's fun to look at nonetheless. Clearly I started my current job in about May, and didn't really get going for a couple weeks, and from there have continued to ramp productivity. December data is a little strange too since the holidays and also we're only half through December as of this post. This data comes from Outlook plug in xobni (inbox backwards), the free version. I'm going to start tracking these statistics more often and see if I can plot any of this is more meningful ways to reveal insights about how I communicate, or productivity enhancing strategy. For example I clearly hang up the computer around 5PM, eat and or go running, then jump back on email for a bit between 7 and 10. But perhaps I can find more time in the early AM? Looks like I'm taking a while to get going in the morning... or is this simply because my earliest 6AM meetings are typically web conferences where I'm not sending mail... Time and further analysis will tell. For now? Here's some charts!